The Study Abroad Office, along with financial support from Colleges and Departments across campus, provide NC State Study Abroad Scholarships for any NC State student planning to study abroad.
- More than $203,000 in scholarship funds were awarded by the Study Abroad Office during the 2012-2013 academic year.
- 33% of students who applied were awarded scholarships, with an average award of $1000.
- More than 70% of students who received a scholarship had an expected family contribution of under $11,000.
- Students can apply even before being accepted into a credit-bearing program. Some awards are also available retroactively.
- All degree-seeking NC State students can apply.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least one semester of college credit before applying.
- All transfer and graduate students are eligible.