The Study Abroad Office, along with financial support from Colleges and Departments across campus, provide NC State Study Abroad Scholarships for any NC State student planning to study abroad.
Apply Now for the Spring 2016 scholarship application cycle! Spring cycle applications will close on September 15, 2015. Note: Spring scholarships may only be used for study abroad programs during the winter or spring terms. See dates and deadlines for more information.
The next cycle, Summer 2016, will open for applications on September 24, 2015.
NC State Study Abroad Scholarship Details
- Approximately $250,000 in scholarship funds will be available from the Study Abroad Office during the 2015 spring cycle.
- In 2014-15, 34% of students who applied were awarded scholarships, with an average award of $1,600.
- Students can apply even before being accepted into a credit-bearing program.
- All degree-seeking NC State students can apply.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least one semester of college credit before applying.
- All transfer and graduate students are eligible.
- Applicants must still be degree-seeking students and must not have previously graduated at the time of their study abroad program.
Additional NC State Funding Resources and Opportunities
- NABA SAACL Scholarship Flyer
- NC State Undergraduate Research Awards
- NC State Fellowship Advising
- The Fellowship Office is able to assist students applying for national scholarships.
- NC State College of Veterinary Medicine Study Abroad Funding Opportunities
- NC State Caldwell Fellows Developmental Stipend – Caldwell Fellows Only
- NC State Forestry and Environmental Resources Scholarships
- Including the Gunnar and Lilian Nicholson Graduate Fellowship and Travel Funds
- NC State College of Natural Resources Scholarships
- The Paula Cothren Global Scholarship, School of Public and International Affairs