The Study Abroad Office, along with financial support from Colleges and Departments across campus, provide NC State Study Abroad Scholarships for any NC State student planning to study abroad.
The Spring 2015 scholarship application cycle is currently closed. Decisions will be sent out via email by the end of the day on March 18th. Check back to this page for information regarding future scholarship cycles.
- Approximately $250,000 in scholarship funds will be available from the Study Abroad Office during the 2015 spring cycle.
- In 2013-14, 34% of students who applied were awarded scholarships, with an average award of $1000.
- Students can apply even before being accepted into a credit-bearing program. Some awards are also available retroactively.
- All degree-seeking NC State students can apply.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least one semester of college credit before applying.
- All transfer and graduate students are eligible.
NC State Study Abroad Scholarship Details
Additional NC State Funding Resources and Opportunities
- NABA SAACL Scholarship Flyer
- NC State Undergraduate Research Awards
- NC State Fellowship Advising
- The Fellowship Office is able to assist students applying for national scholarships.
- NC State College of Veterinary Medicine Study Abroad Funding Opportunities
- NC State Caldwell Fellows Developmental Stipend – Caldwell Fellows Only
- NC State Forestry and Environmental Resources Scholarships
- Including the Gunnar and Lilian Nicholson Graduate Fellowship and Travel Funds
- NC State College of Natural Resources Scholarships
- The Paula Cothren Global Scholarship, School of Public and International Affairs