The Study Abroad Office, along with financial support from Colleges and Departments across campus, provide NC State Study Abroad Scholarships for any NC State student planning to study abroad.
- Approximately $220,000 in scholarship funds were awarded by the Study Abroad Office during the 2013-2014 academic year.
- 34% of students who applied were awarded scholarships, with an average award of $1000.
- More than 60% of students who received a scholarship had an expected family contribution of under $11,000.
- Students can apply even before being accepted into a credit-bearing program. Some awards are also available retroactively.
- All degree-seeking NC State students can apply.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least one semester of college credit before applying.
- All transfer and graduate students are eligible.
NC State Study Abroad Scholarship Details
Additional NC State Funding Resources and Opportunities
- NABA SAACL Scholarship Flyer
- NC State Undergraduate Research Awards
- NC State Fellowship Advising
- The Fellowship Office is able to assist students applying for national scholarships.
- NC State College of Veterinary Medicine Study Abroad Funding Opportunities
- NC State Caldwell Fellows Developmental Stipend – Caldwell Fellows Only
- NC State Forestry and Environmental Resources Scholarships
- Including the Gunnar and Lilian Nicholson Graduate Fellowship and Travel Funds
- NC State College of Natural Resources Scholarships
- The Paula Cothren Global Scholarship, School of Public and International Affairs