AlertTraveler is a risk management mobile application that provides country and city intelligence, safety and security alerts, and allows for instant check-ins with students in the event of an incident. All students studying abroad or registered with the International Travel Gateway are required to download and utilize the application (with GPS location enabled) for the duration of the program.
- Download AlertTraveler available through the App Store and Google Play Store, open the app.
- Log into program application at packabroad.ncsu.edu.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the Applicant Home Page and enter the mobile device number and email into the AlertTraveler box, click “Generate” to receive a password.
- Enter the email and password generated by AlertTraveler into your app on the phone to connect your NC State study abroad details and itinerary to the AlertTraveler app.
- When participants open the app, you will see all alerts for the current location, itinerary, and subscribed countries.
- Go to the Menu in the top left to access country intelligence to learn more about the country(ies) to be visited.
- Go to the “Profile” to update your phone number and email settings.
- If you select an alert, you can read detailed alert information and read advice.