AlertTraveler is a risk management mobile application that provides country and city intelligence, safety and security alerts, and allows NC State Study Abroad to request and receive instant check-ins with students in the event of an incident. All students studying abroad or registered with the International Travel Gateway are required to download and utilize the application (with GPS location enabled) for the duration of the program. It is also required for all study abroad program personnel.
- Log into program application at packabroad.ncsu.edu.
- From the applicant homepage (not your specific program or renewal/proposal application), but from the main applicant home landing page), scroll to the bottom to view the Alert Traveler Registration box.
- Download AlertTraveler available through the App Store and Google Play Store, open the app.
- Enter the mobile device number and email into the AlertTraveler box, click “Generate” to receive a password.
- Enter the email and password generated by AlertTraveler into your app on the phone to connect your NC State study abroad details and itinerary to the AlertTraveler app.
- When participants open the app, you will see all alerts for the current location, itinerary, and subscribed countries.
- Go to the Menu in the top left to access country intelligence to learn more about the country(ies) to be visited.
- Go to the “Profile” to update your phone number and email settings.
- If you select an alert, you can read detailed alert information and read advice.