Minimum cumulative GPA Requirement (many programs require higher)
- Summer Programs: 2.0
- Semester Programs:
- Exchange & Direct Enroll programs administered by NC State: 2.75
- Non-NC State programs: 2.5
- First-Year Students may study abroad as soon as the summer after their freshman year. In some cases, they may be eligible for a spring break program during their first year.
- Transfer Students may study abroad after completing at least one semester at NC State at time of application.
- Early College Students may study abroad through NC State as soon as the summer after their final EC year.
- Spring Connect students are eligible to study abroad after their second semester at NC State (i.e., as soon as the second spring term). Spring Connect students with at least twelve hours of transfer credits are eligible after their first semester at NC State (i.e, as soon as the first summer session).
- Graduating Seniors
- NC State Group Programs
- NC State Prague Semester: Students studying at NC State Prague can return to campus for graduation within that term if all degree requirements have been met and approved by the department and college.
- NC State Group Summer (Prague and all other summer group programs): Students can study on summer programs in the summer immediately following graduation as non-degree students through continuing education.
- Transfer Credits – NC State Exchange, Direct Enroll, and Non-NC State Programs
- Students interested in all other programs should plan to study abroad prior to their final semester. Graduation within the same term is likely not possible – it can take a few months to receive official transcripts from international partners.
- NC State accepts official electronic transcripts at firstname.lastname@example.org directly from the host institution, which may expedite this process.
- Students at the end of their degree plans should work closely with their academic advisor and Departmental Coordinator of Advising to discuss their plans for study abroad, graduation, and residency requirements at the time of application and prior to departure. In the interim between program completion and official graduation, it may be possible for a student’s College to provide a letter for employers or graduate programs indicating that the student has fulfilled appropriate degree requirements abroad and the official receipt of the diploma is forthcoming.
- NC State Group Programs
For all study abroad programs, including Non-NC State programs, students are not eligible to participate if, at the time of program start, the student: