Minimum cumulative GPA Requirement (many programs require higher)
- Summer Programs: 2.0
- Semester Programs:
- Exchange & Direct Enroll programs administered by NC State: 2.75
- Non-NC State programs: 2.5
Minimum Class Standing (some programs require higher)
- First-Year Students may study abroad as soon as the summer after their freshman year. In some cases, they may be eligible for a spring break program during their first year.
- Transfer Students may study abroad after completing at least one semester at NC State.
- Early College Students may study abroad through NC State as soon as the summer after their final EC year.
- Spring Connect students are eligible to study abroad after their second semester at NC State (i.e., as soon as the second spring term). Spring Connect students with at least twelve hours of transfer credits are eligible after their first semester at NC State (i.e, as soon as the first summer session).
For all study abroad programs, including Non-NC State programs, students are not eligible to participate if, at the time of program start, the student: