Things to consider
- How is the military viewed in my host country? How will that affect my experience as I learn more about the people and the culture of the host country?
- What unique perspectives and previous global experience can I contribute to my study abroad experiences? What new skills do I want to gain while abroad?
- What military assistance and benefits can I use towards my study abroad program? Have I talked to the Military & Veteran Office and Office of Scholarship and Financial Aid on how they can be used?
- What military/work, family and/or home, responsibilities do I need to take into consideration when choosing a program?
- How might other parts of my identity in addition to my military affiliation affect my experience abroad?