- Please visit: http://go.ncsu.edu/internationaltravelgateway.
- Log in using your Unity ID and password.
- Select your travel dates and add your destination(s). Provide emergency contact information, and your reason for NC State-affiliated travel. Read and sign the liability waiver. Click Submit.
- Note: Students traveling as part of a university-affiliated group must each register individually.
How to Log Travel in the International Travel Gateway
Who Should Use the Gateway?
The International Travel Gateway is open for all NC State students, provided you are participating in an international activity that is related to NC State and does not bear academic credit. This includes both travel with NC State-based groups as well as activities related to your pursuit of a degree at NC State.
- Students participating in traditional study abroad (which is credit-bearing) are automatically registered through their study abroad application and do not need to utilize the gateway. Study abroad students engaging in independent travel before, during, or after their study abroad program should submit additional itinerary records within their application.
- CVM Offshore students should register in the Gateway but will not be enrolled in international health insurance.
- Students participating on Alternative Service Break (ASB) programs should not submit a record in the gateway. Their travel information will be captured in our system through the ASB application process.
- Students traveling for personal reasons (such as vacation) should not submit a record in the Gateway.
- Faculty and staff should not enter travel in the Gateway and should instead contact their home department to arrange insurance purchases.
International Health Insurance
All student travelers (except CVM Offshores) will be required to purchase international health insurance with the provider contracted by the UNC System. The Study Abroad Office will enroll students in this coverage automatically based on the dates provided in the Gateway and will bill the student account based on those dates. The policy provides low-cost, comprehensive coverage and includes evacuation for medical reasons, natural disasters, and political unrest. See our Insurance Coverage page for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Study Abroad travel does not require a separate registration in the International Travel Gateway. Student travel itineraries will be tracked within their study abroad application.
Non-Credit International Travel among students, whether independent or traveling with a University Group or Organization, must be tracked in the International Travel Gateway. Group travel is not registered automatically; each student must register their own travel.
Students will be required to submit documentation if they are traveling to a country that is level 1 or 2 but contains areas that are levels 3 or 4. A student interested in visiting a country with an overall level of 3 will need to petition for approval and may contact Kim Priebe (firstname.lastname@example.org) to begin that process. Travel to countries with a level 4 advisory is not permitted.
Students organizations submitting travel petitions must have the endorsement of their advisory. Students that submit a petition which is not approved may request a second review from the Provost or his designee, who will make the final judgment.