The university adopted a new regulation aimed at promoting the well-being and safety of NC State students who engage in international travel. Effective summer 2017 travel, all students engaging in university-affiliated international travel will be required to register with the Study Abroad Office. This will allow the university to provide greater support to all students who engage in university-affiliated international travel, whether or not for academic credit.
- All students engaged in non-credit-bearing, university-affiliated international travel must submit their itinerary to the International Travel Gateway.
- Students participating in study abroad are registered through their study abroad application
- any independent travel before, during or after their study abroad program should be submited as an itinerary record within the study abroad application
- Students traveling for personal reasons (for example, summer or spring break vacation) should not submit a record in the Gateway.
How to Log Your Travel in the International Travel Gateway
- Please visit: http://go.ncsu.edu/internationaltravelgateway.
- Log in using your Unity ID and password.
- Select your travel dates and add your destination(s). Provide emergency contact information, and your reason for NC State-affiliated travel. Read and sign the liability waiver. Click Submit.
- Note: Students traveling as part of a university-affiliated group must each register individually.
International Health Insurance
All student travelers will be required to purchase international health insurance with the provider contracted by the UNC System. The Study Abroad Office will enroll students in this coverage automatically based on the dates provided in the Gateway, and will bill the student account based on those dates. The policy provides low-cost, comprehensive coverage and includes evacuation for medical reasons, natural disasters, and political unrest. See our Insurance Coverage page for details.
Frequently Asked Questions