Things to consider
- What are the perceptions of people with disabilities and mental health conditions in the host culture?
- Am I comfortable disclosing/ discussing my disability or mental health access needs?
- What challenges might I face during the entire study abroad process? How will I prepare and overcome them?
- What resources and accommodations do I need for my courses and in my living space?
- Does the location and culture of the study abroad program that I am considering provide the resources and support that I need?
Students’ health conditions and/or disability are not factored into the application decision process. However it is important during the application phase of the process to think about and discuss what access and accommodations may be needed to find the best fit.