NC State students can afford to study abroad! NC State students typically use a combination of financial aid, scholarships, and personal funds towards their experience. There are many resources available to help fund a study abroad experience, but early planning will help to ensure that students are able to take advantage of the funding available.
Choosing the Right Program
- Consider all costs: look at the total fixed cost and everything that is included (may include housing, meals, cultural activities and excursions) and additional estimated costs (may include airfare, housing, some meals, textbooks, personal expenses, & additional travel).
- Compare study abroad costs to current, on-campus costs.
- Consider semester exchange programs; the tuition cost is the same as NC State tuition. For out-of-state students, some direct enroll programs may cost less than standard tuition expenses.
- The on-site cost of living can affect the program cost; consider alternate or non-traditional locations too.
- Review costs for multiple programs.
More on Funding Study Abroad
Funding Your Study Abroad Information Sessions: offered a few times every semester; check the Study Abroad Office Calendar for upcoming dates.