The Study Abroad Office, along with financial support from Colleges and Departments across campus, provide scholarships for any NC State student planning to study abroad.
|To apply, go to NC State Study Abroad Scholarships and select “apply now” at the top of the page.|
|The Fall 2018 scholarship cycle is now closed for applications. The Spring 2019 cycle will open in late summer.|
NC State Study Abroad Scholarship Details
- Dates and Deadlines
- Directory- includes all study abroad scholarships and requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Approximately $380,000 in scholarship funds were available from the Study Abroad Office during the 2017 scholarship cycles.
- In 2016-17, 30% of students who applied were awarded scholarships, with an average award of $1,200.
- Students can apply even before being accepted into a credit-bearing program.
- All degree-seeking NC State students can apply.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least one semester of college credit before applying.
- All transfer and graduate students are eligible.
- Applicants must still be degree-seeking students and must not have previously graduated at the time of their study abroad program.
Additional NC State Funding Resources and Opportunities
- NABA SAACL Scholarship
- NC State Undergraduate Research Awards
- NC State Fellowship Advising
- The Fellowship Office is able to assist students applying for national scholarships.
- NC State College of Veterinary Medicine Study Abroad Funding Opportunities
- NC State Caldwell Fellows Developmental Stipend – Caldwell Fellows Only
- Gunnar and Lilian Nicholson Endowment in the Dept of Forestry and Environmental Resources
- NC State College of Natural Resources Enrichment Fund
- The Paula Cothren Global Scholarship, School of Public and International Affairs
- Kelly Fund-
- Provides awards to students in sciences and engineering that are studying abroad in Japan. Recommended to students that have already applied for a JASSO Scholarship. Please contact Seth Parrish (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.