The Study Abroad Office, along with financial support from Colleges and Departments across campus, provide scholarships for any NC State student planning to study abroad.
To apply, go to NC State Study Abroad Scholarships and select “apply now” at the top of the page.
The Summer 2017 scholarship cycle is now open. Applications are due November 15, 2016. (The next scholarship cycle, for Fall 2017, will open in December. The deadline will be February 1, 2017.)
NC State Study Abroad Scholarship Details
- Dates and Deadlines
- Directory- includes all study abroad scholarships and requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Approximately $310,000 in scholarship funds will be available from the Study Abroad Office during the 2017 scholarship cycles.
- In 2015-16, 26% of students who applied were awarded scholarships, with an average award of $1,200.
- Students can apply even before being accepted into a credit-bearing program.
- All degree-seeking NC State students can apply.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least one semester of college credit before applying.
- All transfer and graduate students are eligible.
- Applicants must still be degree-seeking students and must not have previously graduated at the time of their study abroad program.
Additional NC State Funding Resources and Opportunities
- NABA SAACL Scholarship Flyer
- NC State Undergraduate Research Awards
- NC State Fellowship Advising
- The Fellowship Office is able to assist students applying for national scholarships.
- NC State College of Veterinary Medicine Study Abroad Funding Opportunities
- NC State Caldwell Fellows Developmental Stipend – Caldwell Fellows Only
- Gunnar and Lilian Nicholson Endowment in the Dept of Forestry and Environmental Resources
- NC State College of Natural Resources Scholarships
- The Paula Cothren Global Scholarship, School of Public and International Affairs
- Kelly Fund-
- Provides awards to students in sciences and engineering that are studying abroad in Japan. Recommended to students that have already applied for a JASSO Scholarship. Please contact John Baugh (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.