The Study Abroad Office, along with financial support from Colleges and Departments across campus, provide scholarships for any NC State student planning to study abroad.
To apply, go to NC State Study Abroad Scholarships and select “apply now” at the top of the page.
The Fall scholarship cycle is now open and will close on February 8, 2016. Fall scholarships may only be used for study abroad programs during the Fall, Fall Short Term, and Academic Year 2016-2017 terms. See dates and deadlines for more information.
NC State Study Abroad Scholarship Details
- Approximately $250,000 in scholarship funds will be available from the Study Abroad Office during the 2015 spring cycle.
- In 2014-15, 34% of students who applied were awarded scholarships, with an average award of $1,600.
- Students can apply even before being accepted into a credit-bearing program.
- All degree-seeking NC State students can apply.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least one semester of college credit before applying.
- All transfer and graduate students are eligible.
- Applicants must still be degree-seeking students and must not have previously graduated at the time of their study abroad program.
Additional NC State Funding Resources and Opportunities
- NABA SAACL Scholarship Flyer
- NC State Undergraduate Research Awards
- NC State Fellowship Advising
- The Fellowship Office is able to assist students applying for national scholarships.
- NC State College of Veterinary Medicine Study Abroad Funding Opportunities
- NC State Caldwell Fellows Developmental Stipend – Caldwell Fellows Only
- NC State Forestry and Environmental Resources Scholarships
- Including the Gunnar and Lilian Nicholson Graduate Fellowship and Travel Funds
- NC State College of Natural Resources Scholarships
- The Paula Cothren Global Scholarship, School of Public and International Affairs
- Kelly Fund-
- Provides awards to students in sciences and engineering that are studying abroad in Japan. Recommended to students that have already applied for a JASSO Scholarship. Please contact John Baugh (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.