Meet Arianna Bollo

Home Institution & Study Abroad Term:

Spring, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore; Piacenza, Italy

Masters of Business Administration (MBA)

One of my biggest dreams was to study in the US.

I learned that I am able to manage myself, and that I can find my own space even if really far away from my family.

Meeting a lot of people from different countries and building memories that I will remember for the rest of my life.

What advice do you have to future incoming exchange students?

Try to exit your comfort zone, go out even if you do not want to, meet people, have fun. These memories will last forever, trust me.

Did you live on campus or off campus? What was your experience like?

I lived on campus, at Wolf Village Apartments. My experience was positive, I really got along with one of my roommates, and I was able to spend Spring Break at her house, experiencing a real American family.

Did you take part in any NC State traditions or organizations?

I took part of the Italian Club and the Cultural Exchange Network. I went to the Krispy Kreme Challenge, but just to steal my friends’ doughnuts.

How were your classes at NC State different than if you would have taken them at your home university? Did you take any field trips or do anything outside of the traditional classroom?

The classes were totally different from Italy, a lot more projects, more practical stuff. I prefer that method because it actually allows you to remember what you did in class.

Absolutely, yes!