An exchange applicant may prove English proficiency by one of the following:
- Being a resident/enrolled student of a country where English is the official language and English is the language of instruction in higher education
- Being currently enrolled in or have successfully completed the equivalent of one semester of instruction in English at a four-year college or university (must provide a letter of support from the home institution).
- Being currently enrolled in a program for which the approved level of English proficiency is required upon admission.
- Providing a letter from the home institution showing successful completion of a course that is consistent with the approved minimum score or CEFR level
- Submitting English proficiency exam scores that meet the minimum requirements in the tables below:
Students with scores in the lower range are strongly encouraged to enroll in one English Course for second-language learners (FLE).
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our office will be accepting the TOEFL IBT Home Based test and the IELTS Indicator test until further notice.
|TOEFL IBT||80 (no lower than 16 in one sub-score)|
|TOEFL Paper Based||563 or higher|
|PTE Academic||62 or higher (minimum of 53 in each sub score)|
|IELTS Academic||6.0 or higher (no lower than 6 in each sub score)|
|iTEP Academic||4.0 or higher|
|Cambridge English||173 (Upper Level B2) or higher|
|Graduate School||MBA Program|
|TOEFL IBT||80 (minimum of 18 in each sub-score)||100|
|TOEFL Paper Based||550||600|
|TOEFL Computer Based||213 or higher (with at least 17 on three sections and no section score below 13)||250|
|PTE Academic||62 or higher (minimum of 53 in each sub score)||N/A|
|IELTS Academic||6.5 or higher (minimum of 6.5 in each sub score)||7.5|
|iTEP Academic||4.0 or higher||4.0 or higher|
|Cambridge English||173 (Upper Level B2) or higher||180 (C1 or higher)|