- The NC State Study Abroad Office portion of the admin fee is only refundable if the student is not accepted to the program or the program is cancelled.
- Students who withdraw their application at any time, before or after the decision date, will not be refunded the admin fee.
- A student who withdraws may transfer the NC State Study Abroad Office portion of the admin fee to another program, including a program that takes place in a future term or year.
- The Study Abroad Office will not provide refunds of any monies paid to outside institutions, organizations, or entities (e.g. tuition for direct enroll programs, host institution housing, third-party program providers, ISEP). Students should contact the outside institution, organization, or entity with questions regarding refund policies.
Semester/Academic Year Exchange Programs
- Students pay NC State tuition to the Cashier’s Office and are subject to the NC State Cashier’s Office policies.
NC State Faculty-Led and NC State Semester Group Programs
|Timeline of Student Withdrawal||Program Cost Owed
(in Addition to Application Fee)
|After commitment until the payment deadline||$500|
|After payment deadline to 45 days prior to the program start date||25% or $500, whichever is greater|
|44 to 15 days prior to the program start date||50%|
|14 days to 1 day prior to program start date||90%|
|On or after the program start date||100%|
- Programs that are not financially administered by the Study Abroad Office may have a different refund policy. Students should inquire with their faculty director or program provider for details on the terms of their refund policy.
- Please note, all Poole Global Undergraduate Group Programs follow a different refund policy.
- Students who choose not to participate in a program activity, either mandatory or non-mandatory (e.g., field trip, excursion, cultural event, or identified housing) will not be refunded any portion of the program cost.
- Per University regulation 07.55.03, students have the right to file a refund application in the Student Accounts Section of the University Cashier’s Office. The application must be substantiated by medical reasons, unexpected employment changes, death in the immediate family, or University error. The University will review the application and inform the student of the decision.
- The student has the right to appeal the decision to the University Fee Appeals Committee. The appeal must be filed within 30 days of notice of the decision and cannot be processed if you have received academic credit for the course.