In addition to the NC State Scholarships, there are many other financial resources available in support of study abroad.
Airfare Deposit Program: Book Now, Pay Later
STA Travel’s Book Now, Pay Later program allows students to put down a $300 non-refundable deposit, to lock the price of your ticket, with the freedom to pay for your flight just seven days before your trip. This program is perfect for students using financial aid or other loan funds to pay, but don’t have access to those funds until just prior to departure.
NC State does not endorse any specific travel agency. Please note that these other frequently used travel agencies may also provide similar services: Bee Line Travel, World Travel Service, MTS Travel.
- American Councils Critical Language Scholarship
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship (for Pell Grant recipients)
- David L. Boren Scholarships and Fellowships
- Directtextbook.com Scholarship Essay Contest
- DiversityAbroad.com Study Abroad Scholarships
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Glimpse Correspondents Program
- Global Studies Foundation
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Inter American Foundation(IAF):(For Graduate Students)
- James J. Davis Memorial Scholarship
- National Science Foundation Awards
- PHI KAPPA PHI Study Abroad Grant
- STA Travel Scholarship
- UNCF Scholarships
- Fund for Education Abroad
- FlipKey Study Abroad Scholarship
- Austria – Austrian Grants Database
- Asia-Pacific Foundation
- Asia – Freeman Foundation (specific to study in East and Southeast Asia)
- Canada – Killam Fellowship for study in Canada
- Europe – Franklin Huntington Beebe Fund for Musicians (for musicians with interest in Europe)
- France – John Couch Scholarship
- Germany – DAAD German Academic Exchange Service
- Germany – Humboldt Foundation Fellowships
- Italy – National Italian American Foundation
- Japan – Bridging Scholarships
- Japan – JASSO (Japanese Student Services Organization) Scholarship
- This scholarship is highly recommended to students studying in Japan.
- New Zealand – Generation Study Abroad Scholarships
- Norway – King Olav V Norwegian-American Heritage Fund
- Scandinavia – Scholarship for Study in Scandinavia
- UK – BUTEX Exchange Scholarships
- Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS)
- IES Abroad Scholarships
- As an affiliate and public university student, NC State participants are guaranteed a $1,500 scholarship, in addition to the IES merit scholarships.
- ISA Scholarship Resources
- Students are automatically eligible for a $200 affiliate scholarship with ISA, as well as greater access to other ISA scholarships due to our affiliation.
- ISEP Scholarship Resources
- NanoJapan International Research Program
- School for Field Studies Scholarships