Students are eligible to receive financial aid (including loans, grants, and scholarships) towards the cost of any study abroad program if the courses fulfill degree requirements and the student is taking the equivalent of a full course load at NC State. Full-time enrollment requirements are outlined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- Qualifying students typically receive a combination of loans and grants.
- Aid availability for short-term or summer programs varies, though generally is only available in the form of student and/or parent loans.
- FAFSA should be completed as soon as available and by March 1 for priority consideration (NC State FAFSA school code: 002972).
- If students are planning to study abroad and the March deadline to submit FAFSA has passed, financial aid may still be available. Contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid immediately for more information.
- The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid requires all students to complete an Enrollment Agreement Form (see “special enrollment forms”). Additional forms may be required, as communicated by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- A Summer Financial Aid Application (available in myPack during the Spring semester) is required for summer study abroad students.
- Financial aid packages are subject to change based on the change in program costs.
- For questions regarding financial aid, students should contact Ben Severin in the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Non-NC State Programs:
- Non-NC State programs (including Semester in Spain): Students should contact the coordinator of their program to request a deferment, if their aid will be disbursed after the program payment deadline.
Non-NC State Students:
- Submit documentation of financial aid award amount and timing of disbursement. Students should meet with their home university’s financial aid office to obtain this information.
- Non-NC State students should email Ms. Lowell West with any questions regarding using aid from their home institution for an NC State program.
For more information on financial aid, see: