NC State students can afford to study abroad! NC State students typically use a combination of financial aid, scholarships, and personal funds towards their experience. There are many resources available to help fund a study abroad experience, but early planning will help to ensure that students are able to take advantage of the funding available.
Choosing the Right Program
- Consider all costs: look at the total program cost and everything included (airfare, housing, meals, personal expenses, & additional travel).
- The on-site cost of living can effect the program cost; consider alternate or non-traditional locations too.
- Make sure to compare study abroad costs to current, on-campus costs.
- Review costs for multiple programs.
- Consider semester exchange programs; the tuition cost is the same as NC State tuition.
- For out-of-state students, some direct enroll programs may cost less than standard tuition expenses.
More on Funding Study Abroad