Independent Study and Graduate Research Abroad


  • NC State students participating in Independent Study Abroad and Graduate Research Abroad¬†are required to purchase health¬†insurance coverage through the Study Abroad Office.
  • Coverage dates will be based upon the dates provided by the individual in the “Independent Study Abroad Application” questionnaire.
  • See Insurance Rates
  • The Study Abroad Office offers insurance coverage for dependents or coverage extension for up to 30 days beyond the dates of the program. For dependent or extension coverage please see Additional Insurance Coverage Policy.

Back < Student Insurance Coverage Policies