- Any student who withdraws from a study abroad program must notify the Study Abroad Office in writing (email@example.com). 1, 2
- Non-Refundable Application Charge:
- The NC State Study Abroad Office portion of the application charge is only refundable if the student is not accepted to the program.
- Students who withdraw their application at any time, before or after the decision date, will not be refunded the application charge.
- A student who withdraws may transfer the NC State Study Abroad Office portion of the application charge to a program during the same or future year.
- The Study Abroad Office will not provide refunds of any monies paid to outside institutions, organizations, or entities (e.g., tuition for direct enroll programs, host institution housing, third-party program providers, ISEP). Students should contact the outside institution, organization, or entity with questions regarding refund policies.
Semester/Academic Year Exchange Programs
- Students pay NC State tuition to the Cashier’s Office and are subject to the NC State Cashier’s Office policies.
NC State Faculty-Led Programs (Summer, Spring Break, Winter Break, and other Short-term) and NC State Semester Group programs (including all Prague Institute programs, China: Donghua Fashion Institute, NC State in Italy: Semester at Lorenzo de’ Medici, Namibia: Wildlife Aerial Observatory and Poland: Global STEM Semester):
|Timeline of Student Withdrawal||Amount of Program Cost Student is Financially Responsible to Pay 3, in addition to the application fee|
|After commitment until the Payment Deadline||$500|
|After Payment Deadline to 45 days prior to the program start date||25% or $500, whichever is greater|
|44 to 15 days prior to the program start date||50%|
|14 days to 1 day prior to program start date||75% (90% effective Spring 2018)|
|On or after the program start date||100%|
- Programs that are not financially administered by the Study Abroad Office may have a different refund policy. Students should inquire with their faculty director or program provider for details on the terms of their refund policy.
- Students who choose not to participate in a program activity, either mandatory or non-mandatory (e.g., field trip, excursion, cultural event, or identified housing) will not be refunded any portion of the program cost.
- Students have the right to file a refund application (an appeal) in the Student Accounts Section of the University Cashier’s Office. The appeal must be substantiated by medical reasons, unexpected employment changes, death in the immediate family, or University error and will be reviewed by the University Fee Appeals Committee. The appeal can not be processed if you have received academic credit for the course.
1 This includes any required withdrawal due to academic or disciplinary misconduct.
2 Notifying a faculty director alone will not constitute withdrawal.
3 The program cost will be billed prior to the payment deadline, thus may not be posted to their student account at the time of withdrawal.
Back < Policies