The Study Abroad Office encourages all students from NC State students to study abroad. The following eligibility criteria are in place to ensure that students have been academically successful on campus before undertaking an academic term abroad.
- Minimum GPA Requirement (many programs require higher)
- Summer Programs: 2.0
- Semester Programs: 2.5
- Minimum Class Standing (some programs require higher)
- First Year Students may study abroad as soon as the summer after their freshman year. In some cases they may be eligible for a spring break program during their first year.
- Transfer Students may study abroad after completing at least one semester at NC State.
- Early College Students may study abroad through NC State as soon as the summer after their final EC year.
For all study abroad programs, including Non-NC State programs, students are not eligible to participate if, at the time of program start, the student: (1) is on active disciplinary probation, as defined by Section 11.2 in the NC State Code of Student Conduct or (2) has been on Academic Integrity Probation, as defined by Section 9.1 in the NC State Code of Student Conduct, for less than one full Fall or Spring semester.