Many of the NC State faculty led programs are available to current students at outside universities or colleges. To find the programs available, students should use the “NC State Students Only” parameter to identify which programs are open to non-NC State students. Students should also be in close contact with their home institution throughout the process.
Additional Application Requirements
In addition to the standard application items, non-NC State students are required to submit the following to the Study Abroad Office
- In addition to the non-refundable application charge, your program application may require you to submit a $500 program deposit at the time of application. More information can be found in the program application instructions. These payments will be subject to our standard Refund Policy.
- Signature Verification Form and a copy of photo identification (passport, driver’s license, or other state-issued ID card): allows applicants to sign electronic signature documents required in the application.
- Home Institution Approval: requires signatures from applicant’s home study abroad office (or equivalent) and Conduct or Registrar’s office
- Official sealed transcript
Prior to Departure
- After acceptance, non-NC State students will need to complete a non-degree studies application form (NDS) in order to be enrolled in the study abroad courses. A small NDS application fee is required for this enrollment.
- The NC State pre-departure orientation is not required for non-NC State students, but strongly encouraged for those who are in the larger Raleigh area.
After Program Completion
- The Study Abroad Office will mail one official NC State transcript to each student at the address indicated on the study abroad application (typically the student’s study abroad office or registrar) following completion of the program and after grades have been submitted.