Faculty members leading non-credit bearing programs involving international travel are eligible for insurance coverage for themselves and the program participants through the Study Abroad Office (SAO), provided the following criteria are met:
- the program is sponsored by a department or unit at NC State University
- the majority of program participants are students enrolled at NC State University.
To enroll a non-credit bearing program in insurance
- Directors are expected to submit student rosters and faculty rosters for all program staff (program assistants, co-directors) on the program to the SAO no later than 2 weeks prior to the start of the program.
- Coverage dates will be based upon information provided by the program organizer.
- Payment must accompany the rosters or be arranged via Interdepartmental Transfer for the full amount.
Payment options include:
- Interdepartmental Transfer
- Faculty submit department bookkeeper’s contact information (name, email and phone number) to the SAO
- Full insurance payment on behalf of all of the program participants.
- The SAO accepts cash (exact change only), check or money order made payable to NC State in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank; no credit cards are accepted.
See Insurance Rates.
Back < Insurance Policies