Meet Regan Glass

Fall, NC State European Center in Prague; Prague, Czech Republic

Communications Public Relations

I was accepted into the Prague Connect Program while figuring out where I wanted to attend college. I was both ecstatic and horrified at the same time, and when the opportunity came I was hesitant to go out of fear. I still decided to accept the offer, and it was easily the best decision of my life!

I learned how to be independent and take risks, and I learned how to come out of my shell. I was scared to take risks and be away from home, but once I did I saw parts of the world that I never imagined myself seeing. This opportunity shaped me into a different person, and I am so grateful!

My favorite part was the people. Our group was much smaller because of Covid, and because of that I’ve met some of my best friends that I continue to hang out with daily.

What was your experience with navigating COVID-19 abroad?

Honestly studying abroad with Covid wasn’t challenging at all. The locations we wanted to explore were fully opened, and the only requirement was masks (which we were already used to).

How did your study abroad experience prepare you for your future career?

I used to think that I wanted my future career to be in Broadcasting and Communications because I love connecting with other. However, what I really want to do is earn my Pilot’s License and become an airline or helicopter pilot. Studying abroad reminded me how much I love to see the world, especially from a new perspective. I want to use that knowledge to continue exploring the world around me, but with a different view! Either way, I know that I’ll continue communicating with those around me, either close by or even across the ocean!

What advice do you have for future study abroad students?

My main piece of advice is to take the risk! Go study abroad! It will be the best decision of your life because it changes you in ways that only global experience could. I promise you won’t regret it!

100% without a doubt