Apply Now for Summer 2015 Study Abroad

Summer 14 Program (feature story cover)

Applications for summer 2015 are being accepted on a rolling basis until programs fill or until February 15, 2015. Britton England (pictured) studied abroad in Prague on the civil and construction engineering program this past summer. “[While studying abroad] you begin to be very globally-minded which is important for my studies because many companies search for more cultural individuals and studying abroad looks amazing on your resume!”

Study Abroad 2

Personally, what was your unique learning opportunity studying abroad and how did it connect to your studies?
“You live and learn in a totally different environment so every interaction is a learning opportunity. You begin to be very globally-minded which is important for my studies because many companies search for more cultural individuals and studying abroad looks amazing on your resume!”
Did you gain unique experiences that might help to benefit your career?
“Definitely! Studying abroad is where you get to experience many memorable and unique experiences. I got the chance to experience many different structures in Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, and Slovakia that I would not even encounter in the United States and they will truly impact my creativity throughout my future civil engineering designs.”
What kind of advice would you give to other students who are thinking about studying abroad?
“I would advise the student that studying abroad is truly a once in a lifetime experience that shouldn’t be missed. It is one of my best decisions I have ever made and will ever make! A big reason why someone should study abroad is just to see the world. You get to live in another country that is vastly different than the United States and Prague is beautiful! Also cost was an issue before I applied but many scholarships are offered through North Carolina State University and financial aid is available.”