Requesting Study Abroad Transcripts

Graduate or professional school applications typically require an official transcripts from each university previously attended. An official transcript of any NC State transfer credit courses can be requested directly from the host university or study abroad program provider. Alternatively, the Study Abroad Office can provide certified copies of international transcripts for students who received study abroad transfer credit on their NC State transcripts. In order to do so, students should:

  1. Verify that a certified copy is sufficient with the graduate admissions office before completing a transcript request.
    1. Note: the original transcripts from a study abroad experience must be kept on file at NC State.
  2. Submit Online Certified Transcript Request

Note: Students who participated in a NC State Group or Faculty-Led programs (including NC State summer programs, Prague Institute, Semester in Spain, etc) and received NC State credits should request an official transcript through the Registration & Records Office. This form is only for requesting certified copies of international transcripts. Also note that we only include copies of transcripts in these requests. If you need credit hour or equivalency guidelines, these should be requested directly from the host university.